Social Media is the beating heart of Internet Users! This statement cannot be denied. Our world revolves around Facebook and Instagram from the moment we wake up until we go to bed at night. Do you know these amazing facts? You probably don’t! What are you waiting to find out? This article will provide all the statistics and facts about social media.
Recent research has shown that more than 55% of people use the internet. This is the Crazy we are referring to! Nearly all platforms offer digital marketing and online shopping. A lot of people make money using them. This has certainly opened up uncountable business and job opportunities.
3.5 million images and more than 720,000 hours of videos areare shared on social media every day. Social Media is used by 51% of people worldwide and only 3 months per year. Crazy Enough?
You’ve never read the facts. They are all divided by their platforms. Take a look at them. Let’s go.
55+ Social Media Statistics and Facts for 2022
The information in the following points was compiled from different data analysis sources. Curious?
Statistics on the Most Popular Social Media Platforms datareportal.com reports that 55% of the global population uses social media. These social media facts will shock you, we assure you.
The Monthly Active Users of the Most Popular Social Media Platforms-
- Facebook: 2.89 Billion monthly active users
- Whatsapp: 2 Billion monthly active users
- Twitter: 396 Million Monthly Active Users
- Instagram: 2 Billion monthly active users
- Snapchat: 918 Million Monthly Active Users
- YouTube: 2.29 billion monthly active users
- TikTok: 1 Billion monthly active users
- Pinterest: 459 Million Monthly Active Users
- LinkedIn: 250 Million Monthly Active Users
- Reddit: Over 450 million active monthly users
- Social Media Statistics and Facts for Digital Marketing
- The majority of users are between 18 and 34, who support brands unknowingly. This audience should be targeted more.
- YouTube has a wider reach than any other cable network for audiences aged 18-34.
- Social media users want better customer service and support.
- 33% of Social Media Consumers prefer to communicate with brands online over by phone.
- One in five people has bought online within the past 30 days.
- More than half of all web traffic comes from mobile devices right now.
- Around 80% of consumers purchase a product suggested by family or friends.
- LinkedIn users are growing, but its activity is still lower than Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
- TikTok users spend on average about one hour per day using the app.
Google Statistics and Facts
Google Social Media Facts
- Google processes 3.5 billion searches in one day.
- Google was visited more than 62.19 trillion times by users in the past year.
- YouTube is the most searched term on Google. Facebook is the second most searched term, while Google is the third. Whatsapp web is the fourth most searched term.
- More than 62% of Google search traffic in the US comes from mobile phones.
- Google was unavailable for only 5 minutes in August 2013, which reduced global internet usage by 40%. That’s Huge!
Google was looking to sell the search engine to Yahoo in 1997 for $2 million. That didn’t happen.
- Google’s first tweet was “I feel lucky”. It was written in binary code.
Fun Social Media Facts: Nearly 7.2% of traffic comes from searching for the term Google ” on Google. Weirdos! I hope you’re not one of them. Fingers crossed.
Facebook Statistics and Facts
These are the facts about social Media for Facebook.
- Facebook is used by more than 69% of Americans.
- Facebook has recently removed 1.3 fake accounts.
- In a single month, Facebook Messenger has 1.3 billion users.
- Facebook is the third most visited site in the world, after YouTube and Google.
- Globally, 75% of women use Facebook. Only 63% of men use Facebook. Facebook is more popular with women than it is with men.
- India, home to 260 million Facebook users, has the largest number of Facebook users worldwide.
Twitter Statistics and Facts
Twitter Social Media Facts
- Tweets with 1-2 hashtags get 21% more engagement
- In a minute, 350,000 people tweet on average.
- There are 390 million Twitter accounts with zero followers.
- Barack Obama is the most popular Twitter account.
- Twitter’s former names were Friendstalker, Twwtr and Friendstalker.
- Twitter’s Bird, which can be seen in the logo, has a name. It’s named Larry Bird.
Instagram Statistics and Facts
These are the Social Media Facts for Instagram:
- Every day, Instagram receives more than 300 million photos.
- Instagram has already seen 40 billion photos shared.
- Instagram is used more by women than men, just like Facebook. These percentages are 38% & 26%, respectively.
- Since its inception, IG has seen more than 50 million photos and videos shared.
- Pizza is the most popular and widely shared food on Instagram, followed closely by Sushi and Steak.
- It is the fastest-growing social media platform, growing at 5% per quarter.
Snapchat Facts and Statistics
Snapchat Social Media Facts
- Snapchat users under 25 are more than 60%.
- Snapchat is used by almost 73% of Americans between 18 and 24 years old.
- Snapchat has an average reach of 528 million.
- Snapchat is used by 13-24-year-olds in the United States.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up rate is five times higher than any other Social Media platform.
- Snapchat’s original name was Picaboo.
YouTube Statistics and Facts
YouTube Social Media Facts
- YouTube hosts 1 billion hours of video every day.
- YouTube can be streamed in more than 80 languages around the world.
- YouTube is the most used digital video platform, with 90% of US viewers using it.
- 79% of internet users have a YouTube account.
- YouTube’s recommendation algorithm is responsible for more than 70% of what you see on YouYube.
Statistics and facts about Pinterest
Social Media Facts for Pinterest:
- 71% of Pinterest users are females.
- 83% of Pinterest’s users buy a commodity after viewing the Brand Content.
- It is the only social networking app to make it to the top ten most relevant brands in the US.
- 98% of Pinterest users have used the items they saw on the app.
- Your chances of seeing your product displayed by someone else will increase up to 67%.
LinkedIn Statistics and Facts
LinkedIn Social Media Facts
- LinkedIn connects 930 CEOs on average.
- LinkedIn is used by 25% of US adults, 44% of whom are women.
- LinkedIn’s initial share goes public at $45.
- About 44% of LinkedIn users make $75,000 a year.
- Two new members join LinkedIn every second.
- LinkedIn has 660 million users.
It was difficult to gather all the statistics and facts from social media. You need to search for leads and verify them. All of these statements are true, I can assure you. You can reach us at the email address or leave a comment below if you have any questions. We are more than happy to help you. Ciao!
Frequently Asked Question
What are some interesting facts about social media?
One in five people has bought online within the past 30 days.
71% of Pinterest users are females.
Facebook has recently removed 1.3 fake accounts.
Google was unavailable for only 5 minutes in August 2013, which reduced global internet usage by 40%. That’s Huge!
What age group uses social media most?
Social Media is most popular among the 18-29 age group. Social Media is used by 90% of all age groups.
What per cent of the world uses social media?
Social Media is used by 55% of the world’s population.