Crab cakes bring back memories of summer. With delicious crabs cakes, they will transport you to a tropical holiday without having to leave your home. Explore amazing Crab Cake Nutritional Facts!
If you make them yourself instead of taking them to the restaurant or buying them ready-made from the grocery store, You can decide all that is included in the dish. That’s a lot of fresh crab meat in a lump, just enough breadcrumbs to keep them together, and fresh spices and vegetables for taste. You can also decide the amount of fat and sodium.
The shellfish found in crabs has healthful nutritional properties such as amino acids essential to life bioactive peptides, a long chain of polyunsaturated fatty acids astaxanthin and carotenoids, vitamin B12, other minerals, vitamins like zinc, copper selenium, potassium, Iodine, and more.
Crab Cake Nutritional Facts
The healthy crab cakes are lighter by baking instead of cooking with just a tiny amount of bread crumbs made from whole wheat and added no salt. They are served with a tasty spicy Greek yogurt sauce to dip.
Also, read Pedialyte Nutrition Facts
- 1 egg and 1 white egg
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Dijon mustard, divided
- Juice of one and a half lemons split
- 1/2 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper, plus additional to taste
- 8 oz. crab meat, trimmed to make shells
- 1/2 cup panko whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 1 green onion chopped
- Oil spray or olive oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
Also, read Toaster Strudel Nutrition Facts
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In an enormous bowl, whisk eggs, 1 tablespoon Dijon juice from one lemon (about 3 tablespoons), and paprika and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Make 8 patties from the mixture and place them on baking sheets covered with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Lightly brush or on the sides of every patty by using olive oil.
- For 15 mins, bake until the cakes are lightly golden. Remove the pan from the oven and serve with the sauce.
- To prepare the sauce, mix Greek yogurt, the remaining 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, lemon juice (about 1 tablespoon), green onion, cayenne, and the bowl of a small. Blend until smooth. Then include cracked black pepper, if you like.
Substitutions and Variations
You can add the amount of jalapeno and cayenne pepper according to your preference for spice levels. You can also add to the seasonings for diverse flavors. Try smoking paprika, Dill, Chives and dill bell peppers, and other flavorings you prefer. You can add the finely chopped pickles into your sauce if they are something you enjoy them.
If you’re not gluten-free, you can use breadcrumbs that are suitable and make them yourself using gluten-free bread.
Also, read Pastrami Nutrition Facts
Tips for Cooking and Serving
- Take it easy for yourself by purchasing crab meat that is already shelled. You can find it close to the seafood counter in the supermarket.
- If you’re unable to locate Whole wheat breadcrumbs, create your own! Toast one slice from whole wheat bread till crisp, blend it in a food machine until large crumbs are formed.
- Serve these cakes with a salad of greens to eat lunch, or serve them as tasty summer food.