After Thanksgiving, the next big event that people enjoy is Black Friday. You can call it the Black Friday sale or the Big Day For Shopaholics. You get to see a lot of offers and deals on different products both online and offline.
Here are some strange facts about Black Friday that you may not be aware of:
- In the 1800s, the term “Black Friday” was used in reference to the stock market crashes.
- The predecessor to Black Friday was the Santa Claus parades.
- Black Friday is the busiest day of the year for plumbers.
- Holiday shoppers indirectly determined the date for Thanksgiving.
- Black Friday was once called “Big Friday.”
- Black Friday wasn’t officially claimed to be the busiest shopping day of the year until 2001.
- Black Friday has spread to over 15 countries in the world.
- In Mexico, it is referred to as “El Buen Fin,” which translates to “the good weekend.”
- In 2011, Walmart broke the tradition of Black Friday.
- 12% of Black Friday shoppers are drunk.
Also, read 10 Fun Facts About New Years