BTS has been taking the globe by storm for some time now, and there is no sign of them slowing. From kids to adults everyone seems to be a fan of the series!! Want to know some of the unknown fun facts about BTS?
Well, one of the well known BTS facts is that it has a huge fan base, that isn’t hidden from anyone!! This K-Pop group has a huge following worldwide. You should get used to seeing them everywhere you go!
These are the 50 best facts about BTS every person should know. If you are a true BTS fan, you might already know many of these!!
Ready to explore more fun facts about BTS? Let’s dig in then!!
Fun Facts About BTS
- BTS can have many meanings. The original one is “Bangtan Sonyeondan,” which in Korean means “Bulletproof Boy Scouts.” It is used to deflect stereotypes, criticisms, and expectations that are similar to bullets.
- This acronym also stands for “Beyond the Scene.”
- BTS consists of seven male members – Jin (Suga), J-Hope (RM), V, Jungkook (Jimin), and Jimin. RM is the “leader.”
- The K-Pop group was not created by itself. Big Hit Entertainment, an entertainment company, held auditions to find members beginning in 2010.
- The final group was not completed until 2013.
- BTS gained attention six months before its debut due to its presence on social media.
- Forbes listed BTS in March 2016 as the most-retweeted artist.
- BTS has released 29 music videos, 22 singles, and 23 music videos in 6 years. This was between 2013-2018.
- BTS’s first album, “Dark and Wild,” was released on August 19, 2014.
- BTS created their variety show, “Rookie King: Channel Bangtan,” which they started on.
- Since its inception, BTS has received 53 awards as of July 2018.
- BTS is well-known for its sensitive lyrics, which touch on school bullying, societal ideals, and mental health issues.
- RM stands for “Rap Monster,” however his real name is Kim Nam-Joon.
- RM learned English watching “Friends,” an American sitcom.
- RM is the only member that can have a conversation in English.
- Suga is a member of BTS and is well-known for his rapping skills. However, he is also a skilled pianist.
- Jungkook, who was born September 1, 1997, is the youngest member.
- BTS fans are known as “ARMY,” which stands for “Adorable Representative M.C. For Youth
- BTS can produce most of its music independently, which is a departure from other K-Pop groups. Many believe that this is a key reason for their success.
- BTS performed at American Music Awards 2017, their first TV performance in America.
- BTS was the first Kpop group to have their own Twitter Emojis.
- BTS created the emoji as a challenge to locate their largest fanbases. Russia, Turkey, Brazil won the contest.
- As of July 2018, BTS had sold more than 7 million albums worldwide.
- BTS’ third album, “Love Yourself: Tear,” debuted at number one on Billboard 200. They were the only K-Pop group to achieve this feat.
- In its first month, “Love Yourself: Her” sold more than 1.2 Million copies on South Korea’s Gaon Album Chart. It was the most popular Korean album in a single month for 16 years.
- BTS has two Gold-certified singles: “Mic Drop Remix” and “DNA.” These are the first and only Korean artists to earn two Gold certifications.
- Since 2015, BTS has been Puma’s brand ambassador.
- Nexon’s RPG Elsword revealed character avatars that were based on members of BTS.
- 2018 was a big year for Coca-Cola Korea.
- BTS donated seven tonnes of rice to charity during the K-Star Road’s opening ceremony in 2016.
- BTS certainly has done its part in giving back. In 2017, each member donated KRW10,000,000 (roughly 8,950 US) to the 2014 Sewol Ferry Disaster families.
- V, a member of the group, played the saxophone in school for three years.
- Jungkook stated that he would like to open a duck restaurant in the future or become a tattoo artist.
- Jin fell during their debut performance!
- BTS members compete for the most re-tweets on their Twitter accounts.
- They used to pay 1,000 won for any member of the BTS Dorm who violated a house rule.
- They eventually got rid of it because people continued to break the rules, and the amount they had to pay was too high.
- They used the money from this rule mainly to buy pizza and chicken!
- BTS’s “Fake Love,” a new song, rose 31 places in the charts after South Korea defeated Germany at the 2018 World Cup.
- In late 2017, members of BTS moved to one of Seoul’s most expensive apartment buildings.
- One unit in the same complex was sold for approximately 75 million dollars.
- Suga once stated that if he were to become rich, he would buy his fans beef. This is because South Korea’s import fees make it very expensive. He donated $19,000 worth of beef to orphans on his 25th birthday.
- BTS is big on fashion. Some of their favorite brands are Gucci, WTAPS, and Calvin Klein.
- BTS was named on Time Magazine’s 2018 list 25 Most Influential Internet People.
- BTS joined forces with UNICEF and inspired millions of fans to donate to the cause. UNICEF raised $1,000,000 in just two days to support its campaign to feed malnourished kids.
- Jimin is the shortest member of BTS at 5.67 feet (173cm) tall.
- RM is the tallest member of BTS at 5.93 feet (181cm)
- Despite popular belief, none of the BTS members hail from Seoul. They all come from different parts of the country.
- Before Suga was exposed to hip-hop music, Suga listened only to Classical music.
- Jimin was originally supposed to have been called Baby J or Young Kid.
As the K-Pop world is obsessed with boy bands, there’s no doubt that groups like BTS (Dynamite) are leading this movement. We will be amazed at what they have in store in the coming years.
Hope you loved exploring these amazing facts about BTS!! For more fun facts stay tuned!!
Also read, 40 Interesting Anime Facts You Never Knew!