The office is our second home!! You’ll all agree to this thing!! After home, if there’s any other place we spend most of our time is the office!! But do you know offices are the most dangerous places to be at? What? But Why? Well, there are many other facts about offices that you still don’t know!
Like sitting ideally and not doing anything, and getting paid for watching some YouTube videos is actually a part of office work only!! Wow! Now that’s something I really didn’t expect coming!
Other than this there are various facts about office like 50% of the offices have pets is quite relating to my workplace. Can you relate to any of these facts?
Well, read these office facts mentioned below and get to know a lot about the place where you spend more than half of your day!!
Amazing And Unknown Facts About Office!!
1. There are more than 4 million office workers in the United States. That’s 16% of the American workforce, which is impressive when you consider that offices only came into widespread use around 1950!
2. According to an annual survey by OfficeTeam, the average worker spends less than half their time at work actually working! Instead, they spend most of their day reading news, checking Facebook, or watching cat videos on YouTube. At least cats don’t make nasty comments about how long I’ve been slacking off…
3. One of the most interesting facts about office is that Over 50% of employees believe they have better ideas for running their company than their bosses do. But every year there are also over 20 million people looking for a job, so clearly, not all companies are convinced by their employees’ input!
4. 32% of office workers have admitted to stealing something from the workplace. The average value was $34, but the items most likely to be taken are staples, paper clips, and highlighters. There are plenty of jobs out there for people who want to steal office supplies.
5. Over half of all offices have pets! And 10% also allow staff members to bring in children during the day, which sounds like a great idea until you consider that your kids could pick up germs from all those other kids your colleagues have brought in every day since they were born – I’ll pass thanks!
6. A less fun fact about working in an office is that it’s actually one of the most dangerous places you can be! There’s a 1 in 9 chance that your job will cause you some kind of illness or injury, which is more than double the risk for construction workers.
Stop yawing at workplaces. Get to know 50+ Scary Facts About Sleep and find out why do you feel so sleepy all the time!
7. Despite all this fear-mongering, office workers are actually happier than ever! And not just because their bosses let them slack off every now and then.
8. The first office building was constructed in 1667, and it belonged to Britain’s oldest insurance company – an organization called the Sun Fire Office. You’ve got to hand it to them – they may have taken 300 years before writing up their first policy, but at least they looked stylish doing it!
9. 19% of people say that watching funny videos on YouTube is part of their job. Of course, it’s much easier to do that if you don’t actually have any work to do!
10. 170 billion email messages are sent every day, which is about one for every two people on the planet. It seems like everyone has caught onto the idea that having fun at work is an excellent way of avoiding doing any actual work.
That was it for now! Hope you enjoyed exploring these unexplored facts about the office. If there’s anything else that you feel should have been included in the list, do share in the comments section below.
Keep visiting our site for more interesting fact updates. Have a great day!!