Ahh!! Spring breaks are my favorite time to spend time with my loved ones! It’s the season of new beginnings, new life (as the trees shed their old leaves), and a season full of fun and enjoyment. Ever wondered why this season is considered so special? Well, there are lots of unknown fun facts about spring season that’ll amaze you.
Spring season is marked at different times at different places like in Japan start of the spring season is marked y falling cherry blossoms!! In India the festival of Holi marks the beginnings of the spring season, in the USA the months of March and April mark the beginning of Spring, as the snow falls during this time.
If you’re feeling excited to know what else changes take place around the globe during the spring season, then do read this post till the end. You’ll come across various science facts about spring, fun facts about spring, weird facts about spring, and some basic facts about spring known in our day-to-day lives.
Also, you can prepare a creative list of activities you wish to try during your summer break. While you make soring break plans, let’s fill you with some interesting gigs about the spring season!!
Common Facts About Spring
- The Earth takes one full year to orbit the sun; we go through all four seasons in this time.
- Spring is among the four seasons. It starts after winter and ends before summer.
- Spring always begins in late March in the United States. Spring Equinox is believed to be the first day of Spring. Most years it begins on 20 or 21 March, but occasionally it is on 19 March too.
- The Earth doesn’t take exactly 365 days to rotate around the sun.
- The first day of Spring is the Spring Equinox or the Vernal Equinox.
- ‘Vernal’ is derived from Vernal Equinox is the Latin word for “spring.”
- ‘Equinox’ is derived from Vernal Equinox is Latin for “equal night.”
- The word season is derived from the Latin word ‘sationem,’ meaning “seed time” or “sowing.”
- The Vernal Equinox is the midpoint between mid-summer and mid-winter.
Fun Facts About Spring Season
Here are some unknown fun facts about Spring season that you might not be well aware with:
- Most of the animals have babies during March and April, and springtime.
- Pope Gregory XIII created the historical Gregorian calendar in 1582, which most of the world used to know the date.
- If this calendar had not been made, 128 years of Spring would be a full day earlier. This would mean that right now; we would have been in the middle of winter.
- If you are born in March, then daffodils will be your birth flower.
- In Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, springtime is believed to start three weeks earlier now than it used to be believed in 1970.
- The Zodiac signs that belong in the springtime are Gemini, Aries, Taurus.
- A common myth is that you can balance an egg on its pointed end during Spring Equinox.
- There is often a lot of rain in April, and flowers bloom in May.
Weird Facts About Spring
Spring season is a lazy season. Agree?
Well, there are many such weird and crazy facts about Spring season. Have a look:
- There’s a common lazy condition called “spring fever,” which includes daydreaming and restlessness and is said to be due to the spring season.
- Honeybees most likely swarm in the Spring.
- Tornadoes are the most common in the springtime.
- Before the 14th century, Spring was called Lent. It was renamed later because plants were continuously springing up from the ground.
- In the Southern hemisphere, the Spring season usually ends around 22 December.
- You can catch a hay fever at any time in your life, not just when you are a kid.
To Sum Up
I hope you all have got plans to kick start your Spring Breaks. Some might love exploring different places, some join social services, while some lazy heads like me enjoy being little Koalas!!
I hope you loved reading these amazing facts about Spring. Do share this post with your loved ones if you like it. Stay connected for more interesting facts.
Have a great day!!