The number 37 is believed to have a connection with temperature. The normal temperatures for humans are 37 degrees Celsius. The formula for determining the temperature based on the number of chirps crickets make also requires 37.
The number of chirps crickets make within 15 seconds, and adding 37, you get the temperature currently Fahrenheit. (Though it is more popular, the most common variant is counting all the chirps made in 14 seconds and adding up to 40.)
Let’s look at the most intriguing facts concerning the number 37. The world of numbers is a place of wonders. Small numbers often conceal an array of amazing and intriguing secret information. Let’s find out the mysteries of the number 37.
In today’s article, we have listed some cool facts about the number 37.
Facts About The Number 37 In Mathematics
1. The Number 37 is considered to be one of the Most Mysterious Numbers in Numerology! It Consists of the Sum of its Factors (3 + 7) which are Odd Numbers that, when Squared, Result in Even Numbers (27 = 9).
2. The Number 37 is considered to be one of the Most Important Numbers in Numerology because it is the First Triangular Prime Number (A Prime Number that can only be divided by 1 and itself – e.g., 37, 593) after 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, etc.
3. The Number 37 is a Prime Factor of the First Six Perfect Numbers (A number that is the Sum of its Factors i.e., 6 = 1 + 2 + 3, 28 = 1 + 2 + 4 + 7 + 14 etc.) in Numerology – 6, 28, 496, 8128 and 33,550,336.
4. The Number 37 is the 15th Prime Number in Numerology and it is also a Ulam Number which are Numbers that Avoid Prime Factorization through their Pattern of Sums of Digits (e.g., 4 + 6 = 10, 1 + 2 + 5 = 8) – Only 37, 104 and 879 are Ulam Numbers in Numerology.
5. The Number 37 is the Sum of Two Squares (9² + 16²) – It’s a Perfect Square that can be Factored into Prime Factors as 3 x 3 x 3 = 32 and 5 x 5 x 5 = 125.
Also, read Related Facts Math
Amazing Facts About The Number 37
6. The Number 37 is a Decagonal Number that can be Written as the Sum of Two or More Squares (e.g., 9 = 12 + 22, 16 = 25 + 42) – Only 37 and 49 are Decagonal Numbers in Numerology.
7. The Number 37 is a Harshad Number which are Integers divisible by the sum of their digits. Only 37 and 81 are Harshad Numbers in Numerology – In this case, 3 + 7 = 10 which is a Multiple of 5.
8. The Number 37 is the 12th Hexagonal Number which is the Product of Two Opposite Centered Hexagons (e.g., 4 x 6 = 24, 16 x 24 = 384) – Only 37 and 57 are Hexagonal Numbers in Numerology.
Also, read Amazing Double Facts Math
9. The Number 37 can be Drawn as a Tetraktys of Pythagorean Triplets (a Triangle with the Hypotenuse Sum Equaling the Sum of its other Two Sides) by Drawing Lines that Extend from the First Three Integers to the Fourth Integer. Doing so Produces a Triangle with 3 Vertices that each have a Sum of 37 – The First Three Integers are 1, 2, and 3 and the Fourth Integer is 4.
10. In Binary, the Number 37 is 11100 which is One Hundred Eleven in Base Two – It’s also One Thousand Seventy-One in Decimal.
11. In a Group of 37 People, it’s Probable that at least Two People share the Same Birthday (in Different Months) – This is Called the ‘Inclusion-Exclusion Principle‘ wherein the Total Number of Possibilities is Counted and then Subtracted from One to Determine how Many Unique Solutions there are. In this case, 364 Possible Birthdays are Removed from the Set of 365 Days in a Year to Determine how Many People Have Different Birthdays – The Answer is Two.
Also, read 120+ Random Fun Facts!!
Other Interesting Facts About Number 37
- The majority of American Express cards start with the number 37 (or 34).
- Richard Nixon was the 37th president of the United States of America
- The Thriller from Michael Jackson spent 37 non-consecutive weeks at the top of the Billboard 200 during its tenure
- There have been 37 unknown radio signals from space.
- “Normal” the human body’s temperature is around 37 deg Celsius
- The Green Monster at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts, is 37 feet tall.
- SPAM was first invented in 1937.
- 37 is the tiniest prime number that is not an odd number.
- William Shakespeare composed 37 plays during his lifetime (10 plays, ten tragedies, histories 17 comedies)
- People who died before the age of 37 include the artist Vincent Van Gogh, comedian Mitch Hedberg, baseball player Lou Gehrig, Archduchess Marie Antoinette as well as poet Dylan Thomas
- 37 muscles of the skeletal control the human hand
- There are 37 bars inside the digital watch’s digits.
- Psalm37 is one of the few psalms of the Bible that are Acrostic (i.e., the first letter in each verse in the Bible is a sequential alphabet of the Hebrew alphabet)
- The 37th Pillsbury Bake-Off was held on February 27, 1997, and taken by Kurt Wait of Redwood City, California, a.k.a. contestant #37
- The first touchdown in Super Bowl history was a 37-yard touchdown by Green Bay Packer quarterback Bart Starr to receiver Max McGee
- The Hindenburg burned for 37 seconds. burn (coincidentally that year, 1937.)
- Abraham Lincoln was the first president appointed to the House of Representatives at age 37.
- Amelia Earhart vanished in 1937
- Joshua Slocum 1895 was the first person to travel solo around the globe. He did it with a sailboat that measured 37 feet.
- 37 seconds were elapsed between observation of the iceberg’s iceberg before it collided with the Titanic
- The “number of the beast” 666 is divided by 37.
- Super Bowl XXXVII (37) occurred when Tampa Bay Buccaneers over the Oakland Raiders, 48-21, in 2003.
- Caligula was the third Roman emperor on March 16, 37 A.D.
- 37 is the number of the atomic structure of rubidium.
- February 6 is always the 37th day of a Gregorian calendar year
- 37, as biblically understood, it means that the Word is from the supreme God
- In “The Deal,” a second season episode of Seinfeld, Elaine states that she had a night of sleep in bed with Jerry 37 times before the show’s debut.
- There are 37 slots on European Roulette
- I-37 lies in Texas and stretches between Corpus Christi to San Antonio
- The highest number of wins in one basketball season for men is 37. It was recorded by Duke (1986, 1999), UNLV (1987) as well as Illinois-Champaign (2005), in addition to Kansas (2008)
- 9/11 happened in the 37th week of 2001’s calendar year.
- There are 37 methods to make $5 by using coins of 5.00, 1.00, 0.50, and 0.25.
- There are 37 U.S. Federal Reserve Banks (12 District Banks and 25 Branch Banks)
- Bobbi McCaughey, the mother of the first worldwide septuplets, was confined for an entire 37-day stay in the hospital while she gave birth to the babies.
- The pitcher who surrendered Barry Bonds’s record-breaking 756th home run on the 7, 2007, was wearing number 37.
- The only baseball player who officially retired was Casey Stengel, who managed the New York Yankees and the New York Mets; both had his number retired.
- The United States of America won 37 Winter Olympics-record medals during the 2010 Games in Vancouver, British Columbia, besting the previous record set by Germany in the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City, Utah, by 1
Hope you liked reading these Facts About the Number 37. Keep visiting for more fun facts!