George Michael’s hair! The estimated number of people on Earth have heard the words ‘Merry Christmas Everyone”! Get your extended family’s small talk information right here
They’re everywhere at this time of year that you could be excused for thinking that you’ve learned everything you need to learn about the evergreen Christmas standard. Here are some 16 Interesting Facts about World’s Most Popular Christmas Music, Did you know…
Also Read: Teletubbies Facts Twitter
Facts about World’s Most Popular Christmas Music
- 2015 was the first time Mariah Carey released the children’s book “All I Want for Christmas is You. ” The book includes full lyrics accompanied by “lively Yuletide-themed pictures.”
- In the track ‘Driving Home for Christmas”, Chris Rea sings about traveling to Middlesborough in Mini.
- The concept of ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with a vibrant red nose was initially dismissed as the red nose was an indicator of drinking for a long time.
- Slade’s song ‘Merry Christmas Everybody’ was recorded at the studio adjacent to the studio where John Lennon was recording ‘Mind Games.’
- “White Christmas” ended in the Vietnam War in 1975 – it was the radio code signal to aid in the departure of Vietnamese individuals who had aided in the US to escape Saigon.
- When Wizzard was singing “I Wish It Could Be Christmas every day, engineer Steve Brown turned the air cooling down to the lowest setting to help set the mood.
Also Read: Facts About Summer Fashion Trends In 2022 | Sunglasses, Bags, Shoes And More!
- “Happy Christmas (War is Over) is was the outcome, John Lennon, realizing, after the success of ‘Imagine’ that it was the best way to “put the message of your party across using some honey.”
- Shane MacGowan and Kirsty MacColl’s roles of The Pogues ‘ “Fairytale of New York” were recorded in separate tracks – the duo never sang the track as a duo in the studio.
- The NYPD does not have a choir, and The Pogues used their Pipes And Drums group in the video for the song ‘Fairytale of New York Instead. They showed up to the shoot higher in alcohol than The Pogues themselves and refused to show up unless offered more booze.
- The year 2009 was the first time PRS For Music estimated that 42 percent of the world’s population heard the song ‘Merry Christmas Everybody’ by Slade.’
- Brenda Lee was just 13 when she recorded her first recording of “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree’.
- The version by Bing Crosby of “White Christmas” is the most-sold single ever with more than fifty million copies. When he composed it, the writer Irving Berlin foresaw its success, saying to his manager: “I just wrote the most beautiful song ever written.” !”
- In the TV version of the musical Scraps, which it was written for, the song by Cliff Richard, “Mistletoe And Wine,” was performed by Twiggy, who played the role of a sex worker.
- This video of the song ‘Last Christmas was the last time George Michael was not filmed with a beard.
- The lyrics of “Have Yourself a Happy Christmas’ initially included “it could be the last time you see it” However, the song was later ‘jollied up before its appearance in the movie Meet Me in St Louis.
- Boy George overslept in New York on the day that he was expected to record a crucial voice on ‘Do They Knew It’s Christmas What’s the matter with that?. He traveled by Concorde to get to the recording session on time.