If you’re located in the United States, it’s statistically likely that you’ll eat around 6000 pizza slices over all of the time in your life. What is your knowledge about this tasty combination of cheese, dough and sauce? Where did pizza come from? What is the secret ingredient in a perfect slice? Learn more mouthwatering pizza facts below!!
Whatever your preference, whether you’re an avid fan of thin-crust pizzas, the extra cheese pizza, and pizzas like the New York slice, here are 50 pizza facts that provide you with all the information you need to know about pizza.
If there’s a dish that is well-known to everyone is pizza, it’s likely to be it. Every country offers their own version of the most popular pizza. Explore its tasty tradition and its history when you learn the following information about pizza.
Here’s a collection of exciting and interesting pizza facts on these American beverage and food famous symbols. Find out how many of them you’ve had the pleasure of hearing about!
Delicious Pizza Facts!!
1. The average pizza place uses about 55 pizza boxes each day.
2. We consume about 251,770,000 pounds of pepperoni per year.
3. The most well-known pizza toppings that are popular in Japan are mayo Jaga and squid that including mayonnaise and bacon, and potato.
4. the top-grossing single-unit independent pizzeria in America The moose’s teeth pub and pizzeria is located in Anchorage, Alaska, Alaska. The annual sales of the restaurant are around $6 million.
5. pizzerias will purchase over four billion pounds of cheese through the year 2010.
6. 36 per cent of pizza orders require pizza topping with pepperoni.
7. The majority of Americans take pizza every day.
8. The top 5 pizza sales say are super bowl Sunday, new year’s eve, Halloween, thanksgiving eve and New Year’s Day.
9. 93 % of Americans have had pizza during the last month.
10. Pizza accounts for more than 10 per cent of total catering service revenue.
11. Super Bowl Sunday pizza delivery drivers can be expecting $2 tips, which can rise to $20.
12. Domino’s delivery drivers will drive around 4 million miles during the super bowl on Sunday.
13. Cristian Dumitru from Romania holds the record in the world for pizza eating. He ate more than 200 pounds. However, the previous world record holder has claimed that the ratio of cheese to sauce was not enough for the amount the pizza he consumed to be pizza.
14. American adults consume about 100 acres of pizza per day or approximately 350 slices every second.
15. there are around 61,269 pizzerias across the United USA.
16. Every person in America consumes approximately 46 pizza slices per year.
17. The most popular gourmet toppings are oysters, chicken dandelions, crayfish, dandelions the sprouts, eggplant artichoke hearts, cajun shrimp and tuna.
18. October is the national pizza month in the United States.
19. About 3 billion pizzas are sold every year.
20. Kids aged 3-11 prefer pizza over other food groups at lunch and dinner.
21. The most giant pizza ever created was made at the Norwood pick ‘n pay supermarket in Johannesburg, South Africa. According to the Guinness book of records, the pizza measured 37.4 meters wide and was created using 500 kilograms of flour, 800 kilograms of cheese, and 900 kg of tomato purée. The pizza was made on the night of December 8 in 1990.
22. Italian is the most popular kind of food that is ethnic in America.
23. Domino’s Pizza is the leader in delivery.
24. Regular thin crust is most loved in America and is favoured by just 61% of the people 14% of people prefer deep-dish, and 11% like the extra-thin crust.
25. 62% of Americans prefer meat and meaty toppings, while 38% like vegetables.
26. Women tend twice as often as males to choose vegetables for their pizza.
27. Pizza Hut has 12,583 locations in more than 90 countries.
28. Saturday late night has become the crowded night to have pizza.
29. pizza deliverers claim women are better tippers.
30. the fastest pizza maker makes 14 pizzas in two 3 minutes 35 seconds.
31. 36% of people believe that pizza is the ideal breakfast.
32. The longest pizza delivery route was from Cape Town, South Africa, to Sydney in Australia.
Some believe that it is best to stick using our thin-crust pepperoni. Some say you should get a pizza made from the menu of our Asiago Chicken Pizza.
Please share your favourite pizza in the comments below. We’d like to know what you think! I hope you enjoy these delicious pizza facts! Keep an eye on the blog for more delicious facts!!