Most healthy desserts can appear to be an untruth is, isn’t it? You attempt to convince yourself, “it’s identical to what you would get from a real store!” But . . . What is it? Does it exist?
There are, however, companies that are looking to the next level. For instance, take Halo Top, for example. The geniuses at Halo Top Creamery created a healthier flavour of ice cream that tasted so good our taste testers didn’t think it was anything else than the traditional Ice cream.
Also Read: 20 Interesting Swamptastic Shrek Facts!
We’ve got the new flavours of Halo Top’s Healthful Ice Cream (Spoiler Alert: the Cookie Dough is insane!)
Smart Sweets Nutrition Facts
Another brand doing precisely this? Smart Sweets. We were lucky enough to be among the first consumers of these healthy gummy bears, and we’re not able to take the bag off because they’re so addictive. The most satisfying thing is that once you’ve stuffed the entire candy bag, you’re not feeling guilty (physically or psychologically) . . .
However, you may be thinking of taking a trip to the toilet. The sweet and sour bears contain a staggering amount of fibre and protein, but we’ll get into the subject in a minute. This is the complete rundown of our latest healthy fascination.
Also Read: Meatloaf Nutrition Facts
What are intelligent sweets?
Gummy bears! They are available in the sweet original version and “lovely and sour” coated version with a sour flavour similar to the powder found on the exterior of Warheads candy if you’re familiar with them.
22-year-old Tara Bosch in Canada founded smart Sweets; it’s now available in shops across Canada and on the internet. Orders are shipped to the US as well as Canada. It is possible to purchase a set that contains six bags for just USD 26.
Also Read: Oxtail Nutrition Facts
What makes them healthy?
- Almost no sugar. The smart Sweets are sweetened with chicory root and tiny amounts of Stevia, which means that the ENTIRE bag contains just 2 grams.
- All day long, you’ll get fibre. These gummies not only stop your sweet cravings but also provide the 96 per cent you need daily fibre intake -up to SIX servings of vegetables. They’re also filling and beneficial to digest. Please don’t overdo it . . . We learned this the hard way.
- Non-GMO, with no artificial colours and ingredients. Smart Sweets keeps it clean.
- Even a tiny amount of protein! It’s not often that you find protein in your sweets! They contain 5 grams of protein per bag.
- Allergen-free. There are no peanuts, dairy, tree nuts, corn fibre, soy, gluten, sugar, or alcohol.
The luckiest man in the world Discovers the Secret Dairy-Free Ben and Jerry’s Flavors.
How do they taste?
They’re sweet and tangy, and if you prefer the sour flavour, they’re incredibly tart! The flavours are similar for every flavour, including peach, raspberry, apple, and lemon. This makes them distinct from the standard gummy bears you’ll find at the local drugstore.
The texture is much more chewy and firm than a typical chewy gummy. A few of our test subjects did not like the taste and were too sceptical about the texture and flavour to enjoy the Gummies (like the Fitness Director Michele). But, the majority of people (including myself, Our Food editor Anna and our Social Media editor Victor) thoroughly enjoyed them and appreciated the chewiness.
If you’re sensitive to Stevia, you might detect the taste. However, most people have reported that it’s not noticeable, if not completely unnoticeable.