May birthdays, as with birthdays in April, celebrate the energy of renewal and rebirth resulting from warmer temperatures. May’s colours are beautiful, the flowers are stunning blooms, and there’s a generally positive outlook on the world. But that’s just one reason birthdays this month are memorable! In May, many facts about birthdays illustrate that springtime babies typically have spring in their step. Explore more amazing facts about May, the month of blossoms!
In the beginning, May provides some very important family gatherings, which means anyone with a May baby could celebrate their birth and Mother’s Day in the same month. This is a double bonding time for the entire family! (It’s an excellent thing that Memorial Day often offers a long weekend because there’s a lot to be done.) May babies can also enjoy their birthdays with famous faces (hello, Janet Jackson! You can also take in the footsteps of other famous May birth-month twins.
Research has shown positive results for babies born this spring about their health (they’re generally healthy) and their mental well-being (they also tend to have optimistic attitudes). Check out this article to learn more about the factors that make May babies so special and fun to be around.
May is a beautiful month. It’s a month filled with beautiful flowers, beautiful beauty, and celebrations. May is the month of amazing events in the past and birthdays of some of our most loved celebrities and more! So, sit back, unwind and enjoy this wonderful month!
Interesting Facts About May
1. They can be either a Taurus or Gemini. Gemini
Taureans born on May 1 and 20 are smart, confident, enthusiastic, and reliable. The May born between May 1 and May 21 is Gemini and is believed to be more enthusiastic and active.
2. The flowers that they are born with are Lily of the Valley
It’s appropriate, as that flower is often referred to as the Mayflower. It symbolizes various positive traits, such as humility, innocence and purity, sweetness, and love luck. The hawthorn tree is associated with birthdays in May; it symbolizes the love of God and protects us. In some way, May babies are blessed with lots of affection throughout their life.
3. The birthstone is Emerald.
For children born in May, it’s simple to be green. The color symbolizes spring and rebirth, as illustrated in the birthstone of May, the Emerald. Emeralds also symbolize the ability to see, luck, and youth, as per the American Gem Society.
4. many May birthdays have been celebrated.
If you’re born during May, you’re great company: Queen Victoria, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Audrey Hepburn, Miles Davis, Cate Blanchett, Patti LaBelle, George Clooney Janet Jackson were all born in May.
5. There are plenty of exciting things to do in May
Everyone is aware of Memorial Day and Mother’s Day; however, those born in May could also have birthdays associated with Kentucky Derby Day (first Saturday in May), Dance Like a Chicken Day (May 14), National Hamburger Day (May 28) and Star Wars Day (May 4 (as in “May 4 Be with You).
6. They offer a wide range of careers
Researchers have discovered that certain birth dates correlate strongly with specific occupations. Those born in December tend to be more likely to become dentists, for instance — “April and May are said to have a fairly even spread of professions,” the Telegraph notes.
Did you even know?
- Blue jeans were created in 1873, following Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis being granted a patent in pants on May 20.
- The May birthstone is the Emerald that symbolizes the love of life and success.
- The May zodiac signs include Taurus (April 20-May 20) and Gemini (May 21-June 20).
- The flower that May blooms in will be Lily of the Valley.
- The month of May is named after Maia, The Greek goddess of fertility.
- No month has a start or end date on the same weekday in any year, as May does.
- May was once thought of as an unlucky month to be married. There’s a song that reads, “Marry in May, and you’ll rue the day.”
- May, the month that marks fall for the Southern Hemisphere and spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
Historic moments from May
The instructors at LARE Institute will confirm that some amazing historical events occurred during this particular month. Take a look below.
- The Empire State Building opened on May 1, 1931.
- Minnesota joined the Union on May 11, 1858.
- On May 14, 1804, Lewis and Clark started their journey upon the Missouri River.
- The first airmail service that was regular across the United States began May 15, 1918.
- During the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln signed the Homestead Act on May 20, 1862.
- On May 20, 1932, Amelia Earhart flew across the Atlantic Ocean, marking the first solo flight of women.
- South Carolina became the 8th state on May 23, 1788.
- In Jamestown, VA, the first lasting English establishment in America was founded on May 24, 1607.
- San Francisco’s stunning Golden Gate Bridge opened on May 27, 1937.
- Rhode Island became the 13th state on May 29, 1790.
- In 1848, on May 29, Wisconsin became the 30th state.
May is a month of special days.
- May is ALS Awareness Month.
- It’s also Better Hearing & Speech Month.
- May is National Stroke Awareness Month.
- May is the month for Nurse Appreciation Week.
- Kentucky Derby is the first Saturday in May. Kentucky Derby is the first Saturday in May.
- Star Wars Day is celebrated on May 4, on May 4 is with You!
- Cinco de Mayo is celebrated on May 5 every year.
- Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of the month.
- Armed Forces Day is the third Saturday in May.
- Sally Ride Day is May 26.
- Memorial Day is celebrated on the final Monday of each month.
May’s most famous birthdays
- Martha Jane Canary, better known as Calamity Jane on May 1, 1852
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, May 2, 1972
- Catherine the Great, May 2, 1729
- David Beckham, May 2, 1975
- Audrey Hepburn, May 4, 1929
- Adele, May 5, 1988
- George Clooney, May 6, 1961
- Rob Gronkowski, May 14, 1989
- Anna Jameson, May 19, 1794
- Cheryl Sarkisian, otherwise known as Cher May 20, 1946
- Christopher Wallace, also known as Notorious B.I.G., May 21, 1972
- Bob Dylan, May 24, 1941
- Queen Victoria, May 24, 1819
- Bob Hope, May 29, 1903
Enjoyed reading these fun facts about May? Do check out facts about April then!