Amazon Prime, an annual subscription service from the e-commerce giant, costs $119 for new customers and $1.6 for existing members. It was launched in the U.S. 12 years ago. More than 100 million Prime members are currently in America. Read these cool Amazon prime facts below and have fun!
Prime members are also eligible for free shipping within two days. Amazon Prime Video subscribers can watch TV and movies for $119 a calendar year or $12.99 a month. They also get free audiobooks, books, and magazines through Kindle and Audible.
These are 16 amazing facts and statistics about Amazon Prime.
Also, read Instagram Marketing: Top 7 Trends For 2022
- It was launched in 2005.
- Amazon Prime is at its peak now. It has expanded to other countries and now has tens of million members in the U.S. Amazon Prime was launched in February 2005 as an all-you-can-eat express shipping program.
- In the United States, there are more than 80,000,000 Prime members
- Amazon Prime membership nearly doubled in the last two years.
- According to reports, there were 80 million Prime members in the U.S. as of April 2017, 64 percent of American households. There were just over 40 million Prime members in March 2015.
- Prime members usually pay upfront for the entire year.
- Prime members can choose to pay an annual subscription, but they have to pay $10.99 per month. Only 26 percent of Prime members choose to pay monthly.
- Prime members spend more.
- Research shows that Amazon Prime members spend on average $700 more annually than non-members.
You can get discounts on government assistance.
- Amazon offers a discount membership to government recipients to ensure everyone can enjoy Prime membership. Prime subscribers can be purchased for $5.99 per month if they have a state-issued debit or credit card for government benefits.
- Cashback is possible on all purchases.
- You don’t have to open an Amazon cashback credit card to get cashback on your purchases. Amazon Prime Reload is a rewards program that allows members to load funds from their debit card to their Amazon account balance. They’ll receive 2 percent cash back if they pay with these funds.
- Prime is a great way to save your photos.
- Prime members receive various perks, including two-day free shipping, discounts, music, and video streaming services. But, Prime Photos, and unlimited photo storage perks, are something you may not have known about. Prime members can invite five friends or family members to receive unlimited photo storage and to share photos. Prime Photos is available for desktops, tablets, and smartphone.
- Students get discounted memberships.
- Prime Student gives current students 50% off prime memberships. Prime memberships are only $49 per year if you are still in school. Prime Student also offers great discounts on textbooks.
- Members have free access to magazines, books, and audiobooks.
Prime Reading is a library and bookstore that offers members an extensive selection of magazines, books, and audiobooks. Members can access the
- Kindle app on any device, whether they use a smartphone or tablet.
It has gone global.
- Amazon Prime isn’t just for Americans. The service has been used by millions of people around the globe for several years. It is available in the U.K. and other countries, including France, Canada, Spain, Italy, Germany. France, Canada, Spain, Japan, Germany, France, Germany, France and Austria.
- Amazon is the number one shopping destination for millennials.
A study conducted prior to Amazon Prime Day 2017 in July 2017 showed that millennials were the most frequent Amazon shoppers and the most likely to use Prime Day offers. The study found that 79 percent of millennials had bought something from Amazon.com last month.
People love Amazon Prime.
- Amazon Prime is loved by so many people because of its many perks. A study found that Prime was rated as the favorite loyalty program by 25% of customers.
- Prime members can only use the physical bookstores.
There are currently 12 Amazon bookstores in the United States, with three more being added. The eCommerce giant recently released its earnings report. It included the first time “physical stores” and showed that only a small portion of its earnings came from Amazon bookstores. It turns out that Prime members are the ones who benefit from Amazon’s bookstores.
- Non-members of Amazon’s bookstores pay the same price as at Barnes & Noble and independent stores. Prime members can get special discounts and lower prices.
- Amazon Prime allows grocery delivery to a variety of major cities in the United States. This includes alcohol. Prime Now offers booze delivery in Seattle, Chicago, and San Francisco, and eight other cities.
- 2017 was a significant year for the program.
In his annual letter to shareholders, Jeff Bezos shared that Amazon shipped over 5 billion items to Prime customers in 2017, including Echo devices. He shared with shareholders that the program has more than 100,000,000 members worldwide.
- Whole Foods Discounts
All Amazon Prime members can enjoy discounts of up to 10 percent on hundreds of products and baby back ribs as well as 10% off other products starting June 27.
Download the Whole Foods Market app, sign in with Amazon, then scan the Prime Code during checkout to get the discount. You can also use your mobile number to check out. Prime members also can order through Prime Now for lower prices.