Whoever has a friend has a treasure-this phrase might hold more truth than you’d think! Scientists have discovered shocking facts about friendship while studying it, like how we share more genes with friends than strangers.
How we’re more attractive when we’re with a group of friends, or that at the age of nine months we already understand the concept of friendship and some beautiful facts about friendship. But if you’re talking about actual friends, then I suppose I have an answer to that.
I think the best thing about a friend is their power of influence. Of course, I can count the change in speech pattern and perhaps new phrases I detect in people who have just made firm acquaintances, but I’m talking about the shift in character one may experience around someone.
In honor of our dear friends, we’ve compiled a list of 10 unbelievable facts about these relationships that you probably didn’t know. Here’s what science has to say about friendship.
Facts About Friendship
Scientific Facts About Friendship
- According to a study, you have around 395 friends in your lifetime. But only 1 out of 12 remain till the end.
- Animals also make friends, with their as well as with other species too.
- You look more attractive when you go out with a group of friends, this is called as Cheerleader Effect.
- Having good friends can make your life stress-free.
- Marrying a friend make your relationship last 5x longer than usual couples.
Psychological Facts About Friendship
- Your close friends share some of their DNA.
- Working with your true friends can make you 8% more productive.
- You are more likely to survive illness if you have true friends around you.
- If love enters your life, it displaces at least 2 of your friends.
- When you know what irritates your friend, your bond grows even stronger.
Interesting Facts About Friendship
- In friendship, giving is more important than receiving.
- If you friendship lasts more than seven years, then it is for lifetime.
- Eating habits are often influenced by your friends. If your friend is a healthy eater, then you are most likely to follow that habit.
- If a person prioritize your happiness above theirs then he/she is a true friend.
- Not having friends is very as dangerous for your health. It has the same effect as smoking everyday.
Sad Facts About Friendship
- According to research, people are unable to identify weather their friendship is true one or not. Moreover only half of your friendships are true ones.
- We start recognizing friendship even when we are only 9 months old.
- In situations full of stress, spending time with friends actually improves it.
- The strongest friendship usually formed when our age is about 18-26 years.
- A friendship even grows stronger if both the person are getting mutual benefits from each other.
Psychological Facts About Your Best Friends
- Friendship is a bond in which you choose your friends and your friend choose you.
- Half of your friendships won’t even last seven years.
- Your quality over quantity of friendship determine your happiness.
- Men consider friendship less important the women do.
- Around 30 years ago, the number of best friend we have as an adult was 3 now it is dropped to 2.
Facts About My Best Friend
- Our majority of friendships started when internet came especially Facebook. Before that we have very limited friends
- If you treat every person your friend, you’re life will be much more easier.
- If you are searching for your best of best friends, then go see a mirror.
- If a person is close to you, you are more tend to make him laugh.
- Hating same person can make your friendship more strong.
I hope you like this list of some amazing facts about friendship. If you have any suggestions, tell us in the comment section.