One or more minerals make up the rock. Different rocks may contain different minerals. However, the minerals can be sorted into different kinds of rocks depending on their formation.
- Many metamorphic rock layers are made up of layers that can be separated.
- Splitting slate can be used to create thin roofing tiles.
- Sometimes magma beneath the earth heats rocks and causes them to change.
- The intense heat and pressure generated by the friction between two plates can cause rocks near tectonic plates to change.
- Marble is a metaphoric rock that is made from limestone and chalk. It is most commonly found in the mountain.
- Marble can often contain veins. This rock is durable but can be disintegrated by lemon or another acid.
Also, read 20 Interesting Facts About The Ganges River