TikTok is controlled by the Chinese company ByteDance It has already accomplished many things in a shorter time. To find out what worked well for this hugely popular short-form video social media site, Let’s review these TikTok stats, facts, and analysis.
ByteDance was launched by Douyin in China in September of 2016 separately. Then, they launched another version for the world in 2017 and named it TikTok. But, the user base TikTok sought to attract was mostly targeted by Musical.ly that was a similar short-form video sharing service that was introduced in 2014.
Also Read: Facts About Kobe Bryant
That’s why ByteDance purchased Musical.ly for $1 billion and then merged It with TikTok. Following that, TikTok became colossally popular and has accumulated over 3 billion downloaded. TikTok and Douyin are running as separate apps and have similar user interfaces and features.
However, they’re not exactly the same because both are tailored to their market. TikTok is now one of the most popular apps for Android and iOS worldwide. It reached 1 billion monthly active users in September 2021.
Also Read: Betta Fish Facts | Behavior And Eating Habits
ByetDance’s TikTok took just five years to accomplish the milestone it Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube required eight years to accomplish.
TikTok Facts and Statistics About Users & Usage
TikTok currently has more than 1 billion daily active users. It has also been downloaded over 3.3 billion times across the globe. These numbers are awe-inspiring considering the app is prohibited in several markets , including one of the largest, India.
The story doesn’t end here. We have more information to share here. Explore these interesting TikTok statistics and facts regarding users and their usage:
- Internet users are streaming more than 167 million TikTok videos per minute.
- TikTok users use more than 850 minutes each month on average.
- TikTok is the top popular app worldwide between 2020 and 2021.
- Over 90% of the downloads on TikTok are made on Android with the exception of the USA where there are more iOS users.
- entertainment is by far the most watched category on TikTok through hashtag views.
- TikTok has the highest Social Media Engagement Rates per post, with 17.96 percent. Instagram ranks second, with 3.86 percent and YouTube with 1.63 percent on YouTube.
- Nine out of 10 TikTok users use the app at least once a day.
- Chinese developers spent more than 200 days to create the first variant for TikTok, Douyin.
- In the first year of its development, TikTok was amassing 1 million views of videos every day.
- 68 percent of TikTok users say they have seen someone else’s video within the past month, while 63% also enjoyed the video.
- 63 percent of TikTok users say they have followed someone over the past month, while 55% of users have uploaded videos and 43% posted an “Duet” video.
- TikTok was the third fastest-growing brand in the world in 2020and the 6th in 2021 in accordance with The Morning Consult.
Most Popular TikTok Video, Most Followed Person, Trend, and More
Which is the top followed user via TikTok?
Charli D’Amelio who is an American dancer and Internet persona, is the most followed user on TikTok with more than 136 million users on the platform.
Italian comedian Khaby Lame is in second place with 131.8 million followers. Meanwhile, Bella Poarch is third with an estimated 88 million followers.
Which is the top-followed Hollywood star via TikTok?
Will Smith is the most followed Hollywood star via TikTok With 66.1 followers. Loren Gray comes in second place having 54.4 million followers. Jason Derulo is third with 51.3 million as well. The Rock is the next celebrity in line with 50.5 million .
Which is the brand with the most numbers of users in TikTok?
Guinness World Records is the most followed and most well-known name through TikTok which has 11.3 million subscribers. Red Bull is second with 5.2 million followers and Roblox comes in third place with 3.9 million users on TikTok.
What is the most watched and popular film to be seen on TikTok?
Zach King’s Harry Potter Illusion is the most popular movie by a user on TikTok and has 2.2 billion views
James Charles’ Christmas Wonderland Transition is second on the list with 1.7 billion views. Zach King’s video Hide and Seek Illusion is third with 1.1 billion views.
The year 2021 was the most watched. Mia in 2021, the Cat doing an obstacle race was among the highest popular video on YouTube with an estimated 184 million views.
What video is the most likes to date on TikTok?
The TikTok video that has the highest amount of likes is from Bella Poarche where she is singing with “M to the B” with more than 55 million people liking it.
Here’s a list of the top 10 most popular TikTok videos:
Rank Videos Likes (in million) Upload Date
1. Lip syncing by Bella Poarch 55.3 18 August 2020
2. Incredible Drawing by Franek Bielak 49.2 28 December 2020
3. Lip Syncing by Nick Luciano 48.4 23 February 2021
4. “Time Warp Scan” filter by Billie Eilish 38.3 11 November 2020
5. Peeling the banana of Khabane Lame 36.2 14 April 2021
6. Cat pawing at camera taken by British Promise Cats 35.2 17 June 2020
7. Baby by Demi, Dae, and Josh 33.9 2 December 2020
8. Do not break the handle with Khabane Lame 33.3 14 April 2021
9. Kitten Running by ninachristine15 31.9 1 January 2021
10. Lioness is hugging her owner Fxxkmin17 30.6 5 February 2021
What has been the trend that is most popular to be seen on TikTok?
Zoom Misshaps in Meetings the most talked about style on TikTok.
You can look over the top 10 trends most popular in TikTok here:
TikTok Trend TikTok Creators Tags Original Sounds
Zoom Meetings Mishaps thiswellplannedLife
Buttercup – Jack Stauber
Original sound unique sound MemePlug
The dating scene within Your… jamiejukesuk
#fouryoupage The dating scene in your …… the – Jamie Buckley pt and actor
Videos Living in Your Head Rent-Free tally_nawrocki
aubrey_rose78 #rentfree None
Tell Me Without Telling Me Paytonnlaynee
eljoshg #tellme #tellmewithouttellingme Stop dumping trauma on this hilarious liar
Sneaky Snitch -Kevin MacLeod
Original sound original sound Stacey
Original sound original sound Josh G
Good Soup mochapom
itsjacksonjansen #goodsoup good soup – MARVEL FANS
He, He, He brodalorian
#fouryoupage Original sound original sound
Mama Said That It Was OK abbieherbert_
lukasgraham #mamasaid Mama Said – Lukas Graham
Ramenkingivan #sheesh Sheeeshhh – King Julio
Thrift Flip Ssiiena
#sewingtiktok to the salon to the salon 76.2K mushroom
Learn on TikTok thefoldinglady
Therealtiktokdoc #learnontiktok Aucune particular one.
What is the most-loved song or sound via TikTok?
These are the top 10 popular music or sounds available that are available on TikTok that are most frequently used:
- 1. “Alors on Danse” by Stromae
- 2. “Beggin” by Maneskin
- 3. “How You Like That” by Blackpink
- 4. “Touch It (Remix)” by Busta Rhymes
- 5. “Leave Get Out” by Jojo & DB99
- 6. “Get You The Moon” by Kina Feat. Snow
- 7. “Astronomia” by Chiky Dee Jay
- 8. “Unlock it (Lock It) [Jeff Prior Mix]” by Charli XCX
- 9. “Good 4 U” by Olivia Rodrigo
- 10. “9 PM (Till I Come) ” by ATB
Is this the most-loved category in TikTok?
Here are the 10 top categories most-popular subjects on TikTok:
- Entertainment 535 billion hashtags views
- Dance 181 billion hashtag views
- Snarks and pranks with 79 billion views of hashtags
- Fitness and sports – 557 billion hashtag views
- Home reno/D.I.Y. 39.4 billion Instagram views
- Beauty/skincare – 33 Billion hashtag views
- The fashion industry has 27 billion views on its hashtags
- Recipes/cooking – 18billion views on hashtags
- Life hacks/advices – 13 billion views on hashtags
- Pets 10 billion views on hashtags
- Outdoors – 2 billion hashtag views
Which is the highest-earning TikToker around the globe?
In the words of Forbes, Charli D’ Amelio was among the top TikToker in the world , earning an impressive $17.5 million in 2021.
Her elder sibling Dixie D’Amelio is the second highest-earning TikToker with more than $10 million. TikTok famous Addison Rae is third with $8.5 million.
Which is the most popular Animal or Pet Influencers via TikTok?
TikTok has a huge list of Animal influencers who are extremely popular with followers. The most popular animal or pet influencer is the Tiger popularly known as Kody Antle, who has more than 22 million fans and over 298 million followers.
Here’s a list of the top 10 most-followed animal or pet influencers on TikTok:
Name of Account Type of Animal Followers Likes
Kody Antle Tiger 21.9M 297.2M
Jiff Pom Dog 21M 517.7M
Floofnoodles Ferret 13.1M 42.9M
Stryker The Cat Cat 7.9M 100.5M
tuckerbudzyn Dog 7.7M 133.2M
I am Bunny Dog 5.8M 116.2M
Swaggy Wolfdog Dog 5.7M 96.6M
Doug The Pug Dog 5.7M 86.9M
Moksha Gorilla 5.6M 95.5M
Huxley the Panda Puppy Dog 5.5M 80M
They’re some insane figures!
Financial TikTok Stats About Earnings & Revenue
The graph of earnings for TikTok has been rising in direct proportion to the rapid growth in its popularity. The total earnings for TikTok for 2021 was $58 billion, which was a 70% increase year-on-year, up from $34.3 billion.
As per Sensor Tower, TikTok was the most popular non-gaming application in the globe in the month of February, 2021 with over $110 million of user-generated revenue. In the following year, TikTok became the top-grossing app worldwide in 2021.
Image Courtesy: SensorTower.com
In the latter half of the year 2020 ByteDance The parent firm behind TikTok and Douyin is valued at around $180 billion this is a substantial increase over the $78 billion value in the final quarter of 2018. The gross profit of BytyDance also increased substantially to $19 billion by 2020, then in 2021.
The year 2022 is when ByteDance plans to launch an Initial Public Offering (IPO) This is currently delayed due to a variety of reasons.
Average Earnings of TikTok Users
Pew Research conducted an examination in 2021 of the use of social media platform by U.S. adults which revealed that TikTok is fairly equally popular with people from different income levels.
22 percent of TikTok users earn less than $30,000. 29% of users earn between $30k and $49,999 20% earn between $50k-$74,999, and 20% earn more than $75k or higher.
Image Courtesy: MarketingCharts.com
Another study by MarketingCharts discovered that 37 percent of TikTok U.S. users belong to households that earn $100k or more. Yet, TikTok is also very popular with households with lower incomes since 18% of users earn less than $25k per year.
TikTok Demographics 2022: US, UK, Australia, Canada
TikTok is accessible in 154 countries around the world. Of those they are one of the top 10 app categories across more than 124 countries, as well as in the top 50 of apps across 140 countries. TikTok has also been made available in more than 75 languages. However, some regional languages may have been eliminated as the app is currently prohibited in certain countries.
TikTok is extremely popular in a variety of Asian regions and is a high percentage of users. The following are the users across this Asian countries:
- Indonesia: 87.5 million users
- Vietnam: 39.7 million
- Thailand: 35.6 million
- Philippines: 33.0 million
These figures only represent TikTok users who are 18 or over. There are however numerous younger users who frequently make use of the application.
Image Courtesy: InsiderIntelligence.com
The data from Europe, TikTok had around 100 million users in 2021. This is the highest number of gaming app. TikTok earned the third-highest amount of revenues in Europe second only to Tinder as well as Disney+.
Within the U.S., TikTok has more than 84.9 million active users, which is a significant higher than 66.5 million in 2020. Most U.S. TikTok users are young and 32.5 percent are between the ages of 10 and 19 years old. While, 29.5% are aged between 20 and 29 years according to Statista.
The site in China, Douyin has over 600 million active users, while there were around 200 million users active in India before it was removed. The largest reach for adult users on TikTok is from Saudi Arabia.
Gender Balance on TikTok
Based on WeAreSocial,the gender distribution in adult TikTok users is significantly mostly females, with more males. About 56.1 percent from TikTok customers are women whereas only 43.9 percent are males.
Within the U.S., TikTok is considerably more popular among females than males. About 61 percent from U.S. TikTok users are female and 39% are male. Indonesia along with the Philippines are other regions where there is a strong female follower with 66 percent and 65.9 percentage respectively.
Image Courtesy: Statista
The Arabian region The gender composition among the adult TikTok users is heavily dominated by males and females. The proportion that males use TikTok is among the highest percentages in these countries:
- Bahrain 61.3%
- Egypt 64.1%
- Kuwait 60.1%
- Oman 66.6%
- Qatar 71.8%
- Saudi Arabia 61.1%
- The United Arab Emirates 70.7%
- Turkey 63.1%
The numbers in Pakistan in addition to India are even more shocking. The figures show that around 80.7 percent from the Pakistani TikTok user were male and around 90.5 percent of Indian TikTok users were male prior to when the Government blocked the app.
TikTok Fun Facts & Controversies
After you’ve read the most important TikTok data and statistics you need to refresh your mind by looking at some interesting facts and controversial events that are related to TikTok.
- In the world, over 800 apps have emerged following the success of TikTok which follow the same model that they do, and the majority of them provide the option the ability to download videos.
- The number of users on TikTok is growing because it’s not just an online platform for video clips and lip-syncing there is many different types of media.
- For instance the hashtag #ThinBlueLine which features police videos has accumulated over 2.7 billion viewings.
- The Indian Government was forced to block TikTok twice- the first time in 2019 , due to concerns that TikTok contained content that was not appropriate for all kinds of users, but they required to lift the ban, and finally removed the app completely in 2020, along with other Chinese apps due to the political tensions between the two countries.
- A Trump-dominated U.S. Government also considered TikTok as threat to national security, and advised to block the application.
- Then later, the Government was required to offer it’s U.S. operations to Microsoft, Walmart, and Oracle and to leave the country.
- But, after Joe Biden became president, he rescinded Trump’s agreement, but TikTok continues to function perfectly across the nation.
- The most well-known animal that is on TikTok is Husky while the most well-known feline can be Dragon Li (the Chinese version of tabby).
- The most well-known kind of duck available on TikTok can be described as the Call Duck.
- TikTok was the most popular social media platform for children in the year 2020.
- TikTok was the one of the apps that was blocked by parents to their children around the world.
- On February 20, 2021 Justin Beiber held a TikTok Valentine’s Day live stream. It was the first time a full-length live stream by a single artist through the app.
- It drew over 4 million viewers in two consecutive days on Monday and Sunday.
Here are the most interesting TikTok stats, facts and information we’d like to share with you about. Tell us which one is the most interesting for you.